Treasury Management maintains a number of documents and resources that may be of interest to staff or partners in the GW community.
Treasury Management works closely with several other GW offices to produce various financial reports.
- The Finance Division publishes reports on audits, taxable bonds, and rating reviews, and produces GW's Annual Financial Report.
- The Investment Office issues an annual Endowment Report that highlights the endowment's performance and management.
The Budget Office publishes quarterly reports on the university budget as well as annual reports on tuition and fees.
The GW Office of Ethics, Compliance, and Privacy maintains a list of GW policies, created to ensure that the university is in compliance with all local, state and federal laws that govern our activities as individuals and as representatives of the university. There are three policies that are specifically related to Treasury Management at GW.
- The Payment Card Acceptance and Data Security Policy requires units with a business need to accept payment via payment card to contact the Treasury Management office in advance, in order to establish a secure payment processing method. The purpose of this policy is to promote protection of customer account data in accordance with the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard.
- The Deposit of Checks, Cash and Credit Card Receipts Policy requires all cash, checks and credit card receipts to be deposited on the same day they are received, in order to maintain good financial management and internal control.
- The Disbursements in Non-U.S. Currency Policy notes that it is the general policy of the university to make all payments in U.S. Currency. In an exceptional case, University Payables must be contacted, Treasury Management must review, and Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) or bank draft utilized.
- The Opening Bank Accounts Policy strictly forbids opening a bank account in the University's name.
Treasury Management staff works frequently with other GW offices, as well as external organizations, such as:
- Student Services Hub - A service center where students can visit to make payments, visit the Cashier's Office, and much more.
- University Payables - Manages payment transactions.
- Office of the University Controller - Manages the university's Unitized Endowment Pool, which represents the majority of GW's Endowment. Also produces the Annual Endowment Report.
- Development and Alumni Relations - Works with GW's generous donors to coordinate endowed gifts.
- Tax Department - Maintains the latest W-9 form for GW suppliers.
- Cortera - Provides business credit reports.
- MuniOS - A free online library of Municipal Official Statements for bonds.
- IBAN Decoder - If you are sending an international wire payment, the IBAN Decoder is used for verifying international banking information.
- Moody's - A bond credit rating agency, Moody's provides a credit rating review for GW when a bond is issued.
- Standard & Poor's (S&P) - Stock market index. S&P also provides credit rating reviews for GW and other institutions.
45155 Research Place
Ashburn VA 20147