Endowment Funding

Endowment payout supports a variety of purposes across the university, including scholarships, professorships, facility support and research. To request a funding transfer or direct spending from an endowment fund, please complete the Endowment Request Form (PDF) and submit it to Treasury Management via the contact information below. 


  • If you would like to pay a student, faculty member, or vendor directly from the endowment, please complete Section 1. Supporting documentation is required, and all requests must meet Accounts Payable Services requirements.
  • If you would like to transfer endowment funds to an operating or restricted fund, please complete Section 2. Supporting documentation is required.
  • If you would like to reinvest unused payout back into the corpus of the endowment, please complete Section 3. No supporting documentation is required.

Submitting the Form

The Endowment Request Form and supporting documentation must be emailed to Treasury Management at [email protected].   We accept electronic signatures on the form and scanned copies of supporting documentation.  Do not submit hard copy originals.  For questions, please email Debra Duffin at [email protected] or call 571-553-3644.

Endowment Reporting

Treasury Management, along with the Financial Reporting team, regularly report endowment activity and available balances to academic units and administrative divisions. We work closely with the University Budget Office to fund professorships and facilities with available endowment funds. We also collaborate with the Division of Development and Alumni Relations to provide our generous donors with information about the positive impact their gifts have had on the university.